UJET Internal Testing Short Code
1. General – UJET, Inc. (“UJET”) provides a Customer Support platform to its business customers. In order to ensure its customers’ experience is positive, UJET engineering and support teams (“UJET Teams”) send SMS messages solely for internal use to test the functionality of its support services provided using short code phone numbers. Communications through our short code services occur on an opt-in basis based on notification preferences UJET Teams set using UJET’s SDKs and/or APIs text opt-in as noted in item 2.
When UJET Teams opt-in to the service, the service will send the testing device in use an SMS message to confirm signup. The UJET Internal Testing Short Code phone number should only be used to enable internal testing using short codes and should not be used to contact UJET customers at any time. Twilio does not handle UJET’s short code HELP & STOP replies, or its opt-out list. UJET should build this functionality into its short code messaging application.
2. Opt-In/Opt-Out – When testing the services, the service should support cancelling the SMS service for the device/user at any time by just texting “STOP” to the short code. [STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END or QUIT must also be supported.] After UJET receives the SMS message “STOP”, the service must send the user/device an SMS message to confirm that they have been unsubscribed. After this, the user/device will no longer receive SMS messages from UJET’s internal testing short code number. If you want to test the capability of the service to enable the user/device to join again, just configure the sign up as you did the first time and the internal test short code phone number will start sending SMS messages to the user/device again.
3. Help – When testing the services, the service should support allowing the SMS service to get help for the device/user at any time such that, if at any time the user/device forgets what keywords are supported, they can just text “HELP” to the short code. After the SMS message “HELP” is sent to the service, it must respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
4. Participating Carriers – The short code number is able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). ***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
5. Message and Data Rates – As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to a user/device from the UJET Teams and to the UJET Teams from the user/device. You will receive messages at any time UJET is testing the short code features and functionality within the service. If you have any questions about UJET’s text plan or data plan, please contact #it on Slack. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Use of Short Code in Connection with an Emergency – Use of the short code is not interconnected with a public switched telephone network and is not designed or intended to be a replacement for ordinary mobile or fixed landline service. The use of the short code is not intended or designed to support or carry emergency calls (including 911 and 000) to any type of hospitals, law enforcement agencies, medical care units, public safety access points, or any other kind of emergency service. Calls or messages to emergency services cannot be processed through the use of this short code. UJET Teams must utilize separately, traditional wireless or fixed-line telephone services that offer emergency services.